Attestation of Documents by Foreign Nationals- for Registering Limited Company / LLP in India
The essential documentation required for Foreign Nationals seeking to incorporate a company in India includes the following:
1. Passport: For Foreign Nationals, a Passport serves as mandatory proof of identity. It must be Notarized or Apostilled in the country of issuance. If the document is in a foreign language, an official translation to English, notarized or apostilled, is necessary. Additionally, if the Passport lacks the holder’s date of birth, an additional document certifying the Director’s date of birth must be provided, duly certified, attested, notarized, or apostilled.
2. Address Proof: Alongside the notarized or apostilled Passport copy, the proposed Director must furnish an address proof, also notarized or apostilled. The address proof should display the Director’s name as mentioned in the Passport and their most recent address. The document should not be older than one year for foreign nationals. Acceptable address proofs include:
- Driving License
- Residence Card
- Bank Statement
- Government-issued identity form with an address. If the document is in a foreign language, it must be translated by an official translator and notarized or apostilled.
3. Residential Proof: In addition to the address proof, a residential proof is required for the company’s incorporation to validate the Director’s current address. Like the address proof, the residential proof must contain the Director’s name as per the Passport and should not be older than one year. Acceptable residential proofs include:
- Bank Statement
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Mobile Bill If the document is in a foreign language, it should be translated by an official translator and notarized or apostilled.